Whoa. I freakin’ knocked dinner out of the park last night.
Normally, the husband and I take to the kitchen separately to make our own salads. That’s right. The husband eats salads for dinner. How great is that?
But yesterday I said, “Husband! We’re having chicken tonight.”
(There were vegetables, too, of course. And it was all organic. You know how I roll.)
And the best part? In all it’s deliciousness, it couldn’t have been easier.
For the veggies, I sauteed mushrooms, spinach, and green beans in coconut oil and Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle. That’s it. You’ll get the au jus from the chicken so no need for more flavor. You can do whatever veggies you want, however you want, but make sure you’ve got some greens in there. 😉
As for the chicken, I did it slow cooker style. Meat was falling off the bone. You’re welcome.
Slow Cooker Roasted Chicken
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Bragg’s Organic Sprinkle 24 Herbs & Spices
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 onion
- 1 large chicken
- Combine the dried spices in a small bowl.
- Loosely chop the onion and place it in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Remove giblets from the chicken (HCJ’s secret: have the meat guy do that for you).
- Rub the spice mixture all over. You can even put some of the spices inside the cavity and under the skin covering the breasts.
- Put prepared chicken on top of the onions in the slow cooker, cover it, and turn it on to high. Don’t add any liquid.
- Cook for 4 – 5 hours (for a 3 or 4 pound chicken) or until the chicken is falling off the bone. Save the scraps and make a stock!